There exist 25 IEEE CASS chapters in Asia-Pacific (Region 10) countries.
According to the annual report, the chapters in the region keep a good activity level in average. The objective of this program is to make networks between/among chapters in different Asia-Pacific countries in order to raise the activity level of all the chapters in this region.
In this year, CASS Malaysia has been selected as one of the 8 chapters in R10, whose representatives and student members visit other chapters in different R10 countries, and awarded USD 1,000 as a part of the travel costs.
As part of this program, CASS Malaysia hosted a visit from CASS Singapore at Universiti Putra Malaysia and Universiti Teknologi Petronas from 24th – 25th October 2013. CASS Malaysia representatives also visited CASS Indonesia representatives on the 21st November 2013 at Institut Teknologi Bandung.
During both visits, exchange of chapter’s activity was performed and followed by discussions on possible future collaboration between the chapters (joint technical workshop, joint IEEESB activities, joint summer school, student exchange, etc.)
Detail of the visit is as follows:
Date: 24th – 25th October 2013
1) Introduction to IEEE CAS Singapore
- Technical Talk
- Graduate Student Workshop
: Industrial talk
: Free membership for speakers
: Discounted membership price for participants.
- Social Event
: A visit to Sentosa Island
- Summer School (1 day)
: 4 speakers to conduct tutorials/workshop on DSP
: open to public (IEEE member, industry, universities)
2) Discussion on possible collaboration on Technical Talk & Workshop:
- Exchange of DLP speakers between CASS Singapore & Malaysia.
- Arrangement for a workshop at Singapore from CASS Malaysia.
- Annual program between CASS Singapore & Malaysia.
- Arrangement of invited speaker/instructor for lecture/tutorial.
- Joint social event between Chapters’ members.
- Advertising CFP for conferences.
3) Research Presentation:
Talk 1 : “Asynchronous-Logic: An Enabler for Dynamic Voltage Scaling” (Chong Kwen Siong)
Talk 2 : “Crosstalk Aware Multiple Error Detection Scheme Based on 2-D Parities for Energy Efficient NoC” (Wameedh)
Talk 3 : “Low Power Subthreshold Asynchronous QDI 32-bit ALU based on Static Logic Transistor-Level Implementation (SLTI)” (Ho Weng Geng)
Talk 4 : “Overview of Research Projects at Pervasive Computing & Embedded Systems Laboratory at Centre for Intelligent Signal and Imaging Research, Universiti Teknologi Petronas” (Fawnizu Azmadi Hussin)
Talk 5 : “Enabling At-Speed Functional Test, Debug and Diagnosis of Microprocessors” (Ghazanfar Ali)
Talk 6 : “Low Computational Complexity Hardware Implementation of Laplacian Pyramid” (Seyed Mohammad Ali Zeinolabedin)
Date: 21st November 2013
1) Introduction to IEEE CASS Indonesia Chapter
- 6 Student Branch
i) Institut Teknologi Bandung
ii) University of Indonesia
iii) Telekom University
iv) Universitas Gadjah Mada
v) Bina Nusantara University
vi) Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember
- DLP Lecture (Prof. Jaeseok Kim, Korea)
- Past conferences that were technically co-sponsored by CASS Indonesia:
i) Instrumentation, Communication, Information Technology and Biomedical Engineering
ii) Electronics Technology and Industrial Development
iii) ICT for Smart Society
- Past seminar
i) FPGA based Cryptographic Algorithms
2) Discussion on possible collaboration:
- Exchange of DLP speakers between CASS Indonesia & Malaysia
- Introduce new committees between chapters to ensure continuity/success of the proposed collaboration.
- Invitation of technical speakers from/to Bandung on biomedical engineering.
- CASS network email groups to advertise CFP for the conferences:
3) Research presentation:
Talk 1: “Steady state visual evoked potential of brain interface computer for mobile robot car” (Andrew Nughoro)
Talk 2: “Overview of Research Projects at Pervasive Computing & Embedded Systems Laboratory at Centre for Intelligent Signal and Imaging Research, Universiti Teknologi Petronas” (Fawnizu Azmadi Hussin)
Talk 3: “Overview of Research Projects at School of Microelectronics Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Perlis” (Asral Bahari Jambek)
Talk 3: “Overview of Research Projects at Control & Signal Processing Unit, Universiti Putra Malaysia” (Asnor Juraiza Ishak)
4) Lab Tour:
- Laboratorium Teknik Biomedika
- Microelectronics Center (http://www.paume.itb.ac.id/index.htm)