CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
IEEE CAS Outstanding Doctoral/Master Dissertation Awards (Malaysia Chapter)
Nomination Deadline: June 30, 2016
The CAS Outstanding Doctoral/Master Dissertation Awards recognize outstanding doctoral/master dissertations that have contributed to the advancement of the theory and/or applications of circuits and systems. Each award will include an honorarium and a certificate. The awardees will be invited to travel to IEEE CAS High Tea event to receive the awards.
The awards are for outstanding dissertations (in circuits and systems) dated within one year preceding the nomination due date (i.e. dated between August 29, 2015 and June 30, 2016). A nominee must be an IEEE CAS member at the time of nomination.
Submission deadline: June 30, 2016
Notification of award: July 22, 2016
Award presentation at IEEE CAS high tea 2016
A nomination should consist of the following items:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination (the nominator).
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom an award is recommended (the nominee).
- A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the award in question.
- Supporting statements from two people in addition to the nominator.
- The nominated dissertation in an English language version.
- A list of the nominee’s publications that were used as the basis of chapters in the nominated dissertation.
- The latest CV of the nominee.
No nomination will be considered without items listed above.
The judges’ decision will be final on all matters.
Nominations should be submitted via e-mail as a zip file including the preceding items to the Award Committee Chair, Dr Lini Lee : email@example.com.