IEEE CAS Outstanding Doctoral/Master Dissertation Awards (Malaysia Chapter)
Nomination Deadline: June 30, 2017
The CAS Outstanding Doctoral/Master Dissertation Awards recognize outstanding doctoral/master dissertations that have contributed to the advancement of the theory and/or applications of circuits and systems. Each award will include an honorarium and a certificate. The awardees will be invited to travel to IEEE CAS High Tea event to receive the awards.
- The awards are for outstanding dissertations (in circuits and systems) dated within one year preceding the nomination due date (dated between July 1st, 2016 and June 23, 2017).
- A nominee must be an IEEE CAS member at the time of nomination.
- The thesis must have been accepted by a Malaysian Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) and passed his/her Viva.
Submission deadline: June 23, 2017
Notification of award: July 15, 2017
Award presentation at IEEE CAS high tea 2017
A nomination should consist of the following items:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination (the nominator).
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom an award is recommended (the nominee).
- A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the award in question.
- Supporting statements from two people in addition to the nominator.
- The nominated dissertation in an English language version.
- A list of the nominee’s publications that were used as the basis of chapters in the nominated dissertation.
- The latest CV of the nominee.
No nomination will be considered without items listed above.
The judges’ decision will be final on all matters.
Nominations should be submitted via e-mail as a zip file including the preceding items to the Award Committee Chair, Dr Tun Zainal Azni Zulkifli : firstname.lastname@example.org.